[Ottawa, January 26, 2016] To help Ottawa’s nearly 1750 knowledge-based businesses maximize their innovation processes; Invest Ottawa has opened a corporate Innovation Clinic. It will provide companies with a diagnostic of their competitive imperatives, while aligning their innovation priorities and practices. It will also help companies enhance their market performance, improve their competitive position and acquire higher investment value.
“As our recent surveys showed, the real challenge for CEOs today is how to manage Innovation effectively,” says Bruce Lazenby, CEO and President of Invest Ottawa. “The Innovation Clinic will provide CEOs a customized tool (a dashboard) showing the company’s competitive position, an assessment of their innovation investments, management practices and the alignment of their culture with business goals and strategies.”
Dr. Sorin Cohn, President of BD Cohnsulting and Leader of Innovation Metrics in the Centre for Business Innovation of the Conference Board of Canada, had developed the competitive innovation management diagnostic (CIMD) in the clinic., “There is a lot of innovation waste in Canada due to the myth that innovation is an issue of technology” says Dr. Cohn. He adds, “Too many Canadian companies do not pursue innovation comprehensively, competitively and methodically with the right metrics to ensure performance in the market, where it really counts.”
The INNOVATION CLINIC program involves:
- An online questionnaire probing the status of innovation in a company and its competitiveposition in its targeted markets;
- Interpretation and “dashboard” plotting of the results for the competitive corporate diagnostic; and
- An optional guided interpretation and recommendations with Dr. Cohn.
The first step is complimentary; the dashboard plotting and guided interpretation involve an administration fee.
Ottawa companies using the CIMD-based INNOVATION CLINIC will benefit thanks to
- Roadmap for improving competitive performance;
- Effective innovation strategies and meaningful corporate innovation portfolios;
- Diagnosis of innovation management issues;
- Capture of executive team misalignment;
- Alignment of company culture to business goals and strategies;
- Understanding of the types of partnerships required for market success; and
- Better preparation for attracting further investments in the company.
“The INNOVATION CLINIC leads to wise investment decisions and higher measurable returns on innovation investment,” said Barry Gander, consultant to Invest Ottawa. “It is fast, affordable and leads to corporate value enhancement and enhanced attractiveness to quality employees.”
The INNOVATION CLINIC is available as of today from Invest Ottawa. To book a diagnostic for your company please contact:
Lotte Wannet, Program Manager, Invest Ottawa
Invest Ottawa delivers collaborative economic development programs and initiatives that increase entrepreneurial momentum, wealth and jobs in the City of Ottawa and its surrounding region while marketing Ottawa’s diversified economy and high quality of life.
Invest Ottawa carries out economic development programs and initiatives in the areas of entrepreneurial mentorship, startup development, business incubation services, commercialization, targeted sector development, investment attraction, business retention, expansion, and global trade development.
For further information about this press release please contact:
Barry Gander, Invest Ottawa